tall-lighthouse - with its beautifully-produced publications is now
an unmissable landmark lighting up the London poetry scene.
(coffee-house poetry at the troubadour)
NEWS FROM THE LIGHTHOUSE
• Our new 2013 publications are now available for order in the publications section - all released on the 31st October 2013. There are pamphlets from John Barron "The Nail Forge", Alex Green "Let The West Coast Be Settled", Harry Man "Lift", Mark Russell "Pursued by Well-being", and a full collection from Aoife Mannix "Cocktails from the Ceiling".
• Congratulations to Ben Parker, who has been shortlisted for the 2013 Michael Marks Award for his excellent pamphlet "The Escape Artists" and to Helen Mort, who has been shortlisted for the T S Eliot Prize for "Division Street" (Chatto and Windus).
• tall lighthouse will be running a free open mic from the Poetry Cafe, Betterton Street, Covent Garden, London on the 2nd Monday of every month from March 2013. The next night is 9 December 2013, 7:30pm, with sign up between 6:30pm and 7:15pm. Six minute spots are available.
• Previous readings from tall lighthouse poets include Ben Parker at the
Dorchester on Thames Festival in May 2013 [click for details] and Aiofe Mannix reading excerpts from the work of Adrienne Rich at The Jewish Book Week on 2nd March 2013 [click for details]. Their work is available from the publications section of the website or at the event itself.
• We are proud to announce the publication of Ben Parker's "The Escape Artists" and Jodie Hollander's "The Humane Society". Both titles were published on November 30th 2012. Orders can be made from the publications section of the website. Biographies of the authors and some of their poetry can be found in the poets section. The Sabotage review of the Parker pamphlet can be found here.
• We are sad to announce the death of Janice Fixter, author of the excellent collection "A Kind of Slow Motion", who passed away on the 24th July 2012. An extremely talented writer and a genuinely open personality, she will be much missed.
• We highly recommend the relaunched magazine "The Echo Room", edited by Brendan Cleary and published by Echo Room Press / Pighog Press, which includes great new work from Joe Duggan, Helen Mort, David Crystal, Martin Stannard, and many others. A link to purchase is here.
Submission guidelines can be found here.
The window for submissions is currently closed and will re-open in January 2014. Authors that submitted during the current window will be notified of whether we intend to publish them or not in early January 2014, put back from December 2013 because extra reading time is required.